Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chapter 47: I'm...Going...To...Die...

It's official, I'm gonna die...

One of my friends suggested a workout program so I took his advice and started on Monday....What workout program you ask?....*drumroll* P90X! If you haven't heard of it, google that junk! It's intense. I just found out today that the X is for Extreme lol...and let me tell ya, it is!

In short, it's a 90 Day very intense workout routine. Everyday from Day 1 to Day 90 you use the 12 DVDs that you are provided with to lose weight, burn fat and build muscle. I'm on Day 3 and I'm already sore lol. Monday night was all about the chest and back, so it was alot of pullups and pushups. Well, being big I can't really do them that well, but I was able to do assisted pullups using a chair and one leg, and I did as many pushups as I could. I barely got through the warmup and then the real thing started. I could feel the burn even as we warmed up. But I knew the results would be worth it. I was thinking, "This is it...this is the day I kill over here in my room and die. Nobody will find me for a week and I'll just be lying here, dead...from this damn workout!" lol. No, there's no magic pill that comes with the program, it's just a workout ROUTINE, which means I'm still working out. And the cool thing is that I can no longer use the excuse, "I don't have time to go to the gym", because this is done in the safety and privacy of my own room lol. No excuses! :)

So from here on out P90X will be going hand in hand with my regular gym visits and healthy eating. Hey, it's still working out! lol. I was getting bored of the same thing over and over so this is a good change for me. I think this is what I needed. As to Chapter 46, I've still got alot of stuff going on and I'm still very, very stressed but there's just something about working out that makes one feel great. Last night was Plyometrics, which is basically a lot of jumping exercise as well as tons of squats and lunges. The workout only lasts for an hour, but that hour is more intense than most workouts I've ever done lol. I guess you could compare P90X to some of The Biggest Loser workouts on the show. It's freakin' hardcore! I'm also taking One-A-Day vitamins as well as B-12 and I'm drinking The Biggest Loser All Natural Whey Protein Mix. You wouldn't believe how much water I've been drinking since I started this lol, well over my required amount per day I'm sure haha.

I woke up this morning and couldn't even sit up, I had to literally roll over and out of bed haha. But at the same time I had a huge smile on my face (through the gritting of teeth) because I knew I had found something that is working. "Pain is temporary; Pride lasts forever."

I was talking to some of my friends today before class and I told them I could barely walk because my thighs hurt so bad lol. But the way I see it, if I wasn't sore after doing such an intense workout then something must be wrong. So the fact that I'm sore means I'm doing it right lol. Being sore means getting results. Everyone I've talked to has told me to just get past week one and stick with it. "Week 1 is the hardest. Keep going through Week 2 and 3 and you'll be fine. Don't let Week 1 get ya!", was some very good advice a P90X graduate gave me the other day. So I'm determined to do this. My 90 days will be over on January 10...so we'll see how it goes lol. I'll keep ya posted! :)

2 comments:

  1. Be careful! It's great you found a new way to exercise. Routines do get boring and that makes it hard to stick to. But if you get a tear or something, you'll have to quit for a while. So, don't over-exert. Can't wait to hear what you think of it by January!

    My health is finally improving, so I'm up and moving again. I got sore just doing my regular chores! It does feel good to move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you for all you're doing, Chase. I agree with Lily about pacing it. I was watching an infomercial about another program called X that was a 60 day intense workout program. I was moaning just watching it. lol Moderation in all things is a good rule to live by. Walking is the best exercise. I am a former Weight Watcher leader, too. You cannot work for WW unless you've gone through their program, and maintained your goal weight. I am very proud of you....VERY!!!!

    ReplyDelete