Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Chapter 36: Half Marathon Plan & A Quick Shoutout! :)

Well I decided after running the 5K last week that I really wanna up my game and run a half marathon. It's a big goal...who am I kiddin, it's a HUGE goal, but I'm willing to train and do it. There is a half marathon in Memphis around December 5 for St. Jude and with St. Jude being so close to my heart I thought, why better to run than to benefit something wonderful like St. Jude. I think I've even got a few friends from here at home that may make the trip to come join me :)

So the other day I drove around my house and our part of the town (which is mostly country side and back roads) and I mapped out a half marathon and a full marathon...yes, a full marathon! Although I will probably never do it haha. I did map it out for training purposes. I'm gonna start running a lot more than I have been and hopefully by the time December rolls around I'll be able to successfully run a half-marathon, without dieing haha.

So for my quick shoutout: Mzzlily! You've been an awesome blog reader! I'm so glad you're reading my blog because you really inspire me and motivate me. I was actually getting lunch today and I was really craving a cheeseburger, then I thought, "No, because sooner or later I'll post a blog about my update and Lily won't be too happy if I ate a cheeseburger!" haha. You're always so uplifting and I really enjoy reading your comments. You have commented on almost every single one of my posts and it really brightens my day when I get an encouraging post from you! I know we've never met, but I feel like you're such an awesome friend! Thanks! :)

I know there are others that post and comment on my blog, but Mzzlily just posts all the time...she really goes out of her way to make sure she encourages me and it really helps. Doing a weight-loss journey like this really makes you feel alone at times, but it's good to know that I have someone to motivate me :) Well that's a quick update for now! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed! Marathon? I tried running when I was younger, but I've always had a problem with my knees, even when I was skinny! So I figure I'll save those joints for the stuff I really need them for.

    I'm glad I helped you avoid the cheeseburger. That's what friends are for... We all need encouragement. When we feel like we're facing something all alone it makes it easier for that negative guy to pop in and screw things up for us.

    You are helping me to stay on track. I need to get on a better track though! I looked at the pics Hubby took of me on my horse the other day, and I felt sorry for my horse. I need to step it up. So I look to you for inspiration!

    Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete