Sunday, July 26, 2009

Chapter 38: 8K, Half Marathon...I've Lost My Mind!

Well I know it's been a while since I last posted and I apologize for that, I've just been really super busy with work and what not.

Ok so here's for a quick update.

There is an 8K in August that I'm considering running...I'm super nervous and don't know if I will. But here's my situation...there is also a Half Marathon in Memphis on December 5th for St. Jude that I really, really want to run; however, I've told myself that if I simply don't run this 8K then I can't run the Half...but I really, really want to...or atleast attempt it lol. So basically it's like if you tell your kid they won't get any ice cream until they eat their green beans, well yeah, that's what I'm doing to myself lol. But I also told myself that if I do run the 8K and I die or almost die then I've decided it'll probably scare me out of running the Half Marathon. I mean, I know there is no possible way I'll be able to run the entire thing, but I definitely want to try. The 5K that I ran on July 4th felt like it was gonna kill me, so I don't know why I'm thinking I can attempt a Half Marathon...I think I've officially lost it lol. So yeah.

I haven't been running as much lately because of work and stuff so I've been working during the night and sleeping during the day...I've been super tired all the time. But I also haven't gained anything this summer so I'm hoping that I can at least keep from gaining anything then beat my butt at the gym when I get back to Memphis, which will just be in a few weeks :)

Ok so that's a quick update...I promise I'll post something worth reading later on in the week! :) Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, that was worth reading! I does sound crazy to want to run an 8k in August if you're not running now. Remember the Nike slogan? Just do it! If you're not going to run enough to get ready, then don't enter. Over-doing it that way will just cause you to be tempted to give up. But if you're serious about running, then RUN!

    I need someone to give me that same advice! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just been viewing you music videos. You're awesome! I like Casting Crowns a lot too. Your voice is different than I imagined. Very nice. Have you done any theater? You must make a video somewhere where you can give it all you've got! I'd love to hear the stage voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lily! That def. makes sense...I really need to start running again...I can train for it if I run everyday up until the week of. I really need to. I'll never forget myself if I don't do it lol. Thanks for watching my videos! I got your comments, thanks! :) I'm glad you enjoyed them. Yes, I've done theater/musical theater since I was about ten years old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it! An 8K man I wish you luck. That is the distance where it becomes mental and I am sure you will concur that!

    ReplyDelete